A Regional Centre of the NIOS was inaugurated in the DIET Campus at Raipur by The Hon’ble Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh Dr. Raman Singh, on 4th Feb. 2013.
Vission of RC Raipur :
- To increase enrolments of learners ,specially in Naxle effected Area
- To activate dead AI’s AVI’s in remote area or Naxle affected area.
- Proper advocacy through Electronic Media, Newspaper in regional language to increased enrollment of RC Raipur.
- To prepare effective study material in sign language for deaf & dump learners.
- Increase on demand seats for unsuccessful learners.
- Increase in admission about 10000 for Oct. & Nov. 2017 Examination.
- Asha Project Certification for Meetanin.
- Strength spots valuation system.
- Own building at New Raipur with all basic amenities facilities, conference hall, auditorium etc.
- Proper conduct of PCP classes in AI’s.
- To engaged the weaver community with education ,training for their profession through NIOS
- To increase enrolments of prisoners in Central Jail of C.G.
- Proper Advocacy for Weaver Community.
The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) formerly known as National Open School (NOS) was established in November,1989 as an autonomous organisation in pursuance of National Policy on Education 1986 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. NIOS is providing a number of Vocational, Life Enrichment and community oriented courses besides General and Academic Courses at Secondary and Senior Secondary level. It also offers Elementary level Courses through its Open Basic Education Programmes (OBE).Government of India through a gazette notification vested NIOS with the authority to examine and certify learners registered with it upto pre degree level courses whether Academic, Technical or Vocational. Association of Indian Universities, vide letter No . EV/11(354)/91/ 25 July, 1991 issued Equivalence of Senior Secondary Certificate Examination of NIOS.
Vision : Sustainable inclusive learning with universal and flexible access to quality school education and skill development.
Mission : (i).Providing relevant, continuing and holistic education up to pre-degree level through Open and Distance Learning System. (ii). Contributing to the Universalisation of School Education. (iii). Catering to the educational needs of the prioritized target groups for equity and social justice
Quality Policy : “We at National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) are committed to provide Excellent, Sustainable, Inclusive and Flexible Education upto Pre-Degree level through Open & Distance Learning (ODL) mode & Compliance of requirements to ensure satisfaction of Learners and continual improvement of our Quality Management System.“